Definition of Web Hosting Solutions
A web hosting service includes saving and/or sharing given web content on a web hosting server run by a web hosting supplier. There are different categories of hosting services utilized for various goals, so let's take a gaze at these. Doing so, you can conclude what you need, depending on whether you'd like to own a web portal, email aliases, or to share files with chums and acquaintances.
5 websites hosted
30-Day Free Trial
Unlimited websites hosted
30-Day Free Trial
- File hosting: a service distributed by certain web hosts, which enables you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archives, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single goal is to share files, since it does not offer web site uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore a roster of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to load .html or .php web files in your browser. Free-of-charge file storage plans frequently include advertisements beside the download links, while a timer forces you to wait for a certain interval of time to perceive them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you get a paid file storage plan, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no limit as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
At present, with the help of the cPanel web hosting providers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more stylish "cloud web hosting". This is a totally unsuitable explanation of the literal connotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud web hosting platform would allot the workload between independent groups of web servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending different web hosting services (mail, disk space, stats, DNS, databases, CP, etc.) So, the file hosting service is just a sort of a disk space hosting solution, not a cloud web hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; some firms provide a hosting service for pictures exclusively. This hosting brand is suitable if you desire to share a big amount of images with pals or colleagues since the solution is usually free of cost. You will obtain a random link for each and every image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be used for web pages.
- Email hosting: a service dedicated to managing your email box accounts. Some distributors offer web hosting services for sites, but do not offer an e-mail hosting service. If you wish to possess a mail address with your domain but do not wish to have a website, then the e-mail web hosting service is what you need. You can open e-mail accounts and administer them, but there will be no web solution for the domain. The email hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution enables you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a particular video, or you can embed the video clip in your site that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of using this approach in lieu of uploading the video file in a web hosting account is that the video file creates a specific amount of CPU load, so with a handful of video files and several hundred viewers, you may have difficulty with your web hosting resources. Embedding the video will allow you to use as many videos as you would like without hassling about system quotas.
- Web hosting: this is the solution that you require if you desire to keep a web site. To some extent, it consists of all of the aforementioned hosting sorts since, along with your sites, you can also host images and files, you can set up databases and mail accounts, upload video files, etc. At SuperJUMBLO you can explore shared web hosting and dedicated hosting services that enable you to have all of the aforesaid services in a single place. There may be limits based on the sort of web hosting service that you've opted for - a free hosting package, a paid shared website hosting plan, a VPS hosting or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web hosting package may be better or worse compared to the ordinary e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are purposed for particular content only.